Saturday, September 26, 2009

What's My Story? Pay it Forward

For those of you who don't know, I was adopted. For those of you who have known me for over 20 years, you have known it has been a long term goal; a desire to be able to give an opportunity to a little girl who might otherwise would have not had one.

I was abandoned in a hospital as a newborn and lived in an orphanage until 5 months, when my parents adopted me. They were living in Manila at the time. My parents have two biological children; my brother, who is three years older and my sister, who is three years younger than me. My siblings are pretty cool. Growing up I didn't think so, but as I look at our relationship now, they have accepted me unconditionally, despite the fact that I am not their biological sibling. I think this speaks volumes about their personalities and their ability to accept anyone for who they are.

So I was given a chance. Chances like being able to have my own bike, to play tennis and to go to college. A chance to be raised by a family with immense love and support. A chance to have my own family to share support and to teach my children to love unconditionally. I am pretty grateful for all these chances and the best way I can express my gratitude is by paying it forward.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tracy...Ok...so I finally found your blog. What exciting news for you guys. We're going different places...but hopefully we'll be traveling to bring our little ones home at about the same time. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete


Warming Up to Us

Not Crazy About Meeting Us

Baby Party1

Baby Party2

Bruce-The Orphanage's Pet Bird

Walking During Baby Party

My Old House

At ICAB

Las Day at Orphanage

Colin and Che at American War Memorial