Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Let's Rock and Roll

Many of you know that Colin and I began the adoption process back in May 2007. It's now September 2009 and I had a feeling our time was imminent with regard to a phone call from our adoption agency, Wide Horizons. We had just completed the paperwork to file for an extension as it was approaching its expiration date.

Yesterday, we got our long awaited phone call with the exciting news that we have received our referral! So began the phone tree to our family and very close friends, checking email, seeing her picture and printing out of all the paperwork to finalize the process. We are excited-so excited I was up at 3:00 am. I close with one of my favorite sayings from back in the day when I taught tennis camp at Emory University: "It's time to rock and roll". Thanks for joining us on our journey.

4 comments:

  1. I want to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!
    We are so happy for you and excited to meet the newest member of our family.
    Love, Lisa, Sean, Lakin & Kaelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't happen to a nicer family. I am sorry it has taken this long to get your referral, I know you were hoping for this past Spring. I will follow nervously, hoping everything will go smoothly from here, maybe sometime you can give us an idea of how long the process usually takes from this point? Love, Lisa Adams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy - I love this blog and look forward to keeping up with this awesome journey of yours!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy--we need an update! Congrats in advance!

    ReplyDelete


Warming Up to Us

Not Crazy About Meeting Us

Baby Party1

Baby Party2

Bruce-The Orphanage's Pet Bird

Walking During Baby Party

My Old House

At ICAB

Las Day at Orphanage

Colin and Che at American War Memorial